As a policyholder, there are a few items that you will be responsible for. We've outlined the key tasks that wil be requested of you throughout the crop insurance process.

Policyholder Responsibilities

  • Production Reporting

    • Report accurate total production by unit.


    • Production must be kept separate by unit.


    • Do not commingle storage of production from different units, unless federal

      guidelines are followed.


    • Sign reporting form and Privacy Act statement.


  • Acreage Reporting

    • Report correct acres by crop and practice. Verify with FSA certification documents

      (errors or missed reporting could lead to lower or no loss payments at all).


    • Report the correct planting date the day that the unit was finished being planted.


    • Report accurate percent of share on each unit (errors or missed reporting could

      lead to lower or no loss payments at all).


    • Report all acres. Be sure to include prevented planting, uninsurable and late



    • Sign reporting form and Privacy Act statement, as applicable.

  • Pivot Corners

    Follow federal guidelines for optional units


    • All corners need to be broken out per pivot.


    • Clear and discernable break from irrigated unit.


    • Break may occur up until the acreage reporting date (discing, cultivating, mowing,

      etc. does qualify).


    • Keep production separate.


    • Contact Millard Management prior to the production reporting date to see if you

      qualify for optional units.


    Best options


    • Plant field to a different crop.


    • Plant the same crop in a different row direction.


    • Include corners with the irrigated unit.



  • When to Call Us

    • When damage occurs.


    • When you feel there could be a loss.


    • Before you replant.


    • Before you chop or do anything other than harvest the crop.

  • Your Duties in the Event of Loss

    In case of a loss or probable loss to your crops and/or if replanting crops insured under your crop insurance policy, you must notify your Millard Management insurance specialist.

  • General Duties

    A crop insurance loss must be reported within 72 hours of initial discovery or damage, but not later than 15 days after the end of the insurance period. The end of the insurance period is defined as the earliest of the following:


    • Total destruction of the crop;


    • Harvest of the unit;


    • Final adjustment of a loss on a unit;


    • Calendar date in the Crop Provisions for the end of the insurance period;


    • Abandonment of the crop on the unit; or


    • As otherwise specified in the Crop Provisions.


    The loss paperwork completed with the adjuster is the Claim for Indemnity. It must be submitted no later than 60 days after the end of the insurance period.



  • Prevented Planting

    • Prevented planted claims must be submitted within 72 hours of the final plant date

      for the crop.


    • Once an acreage report is submitted, there can be no revisions to change the

      prevented planted acres to a different crop.


    • Other rules apply; contact contact us for complete details.

  • Replanting

    • Acres replanted must be at least 20 acres or 20% of the unit to qualify for a replant



    • If you qualify for a replant, your payment will be calculated as follows:


    • Corn Replant = 8 bushels of corn times the price election multiplied by share in the

      crop and acres.


    • Soybean Replant = 3 bushels of soybeans times the price election multiplied by

      share in the crop and acres.


    • Replant payments are not applied to outstanding premium.



  • Silage

    • You cannot chop over 50% of your corn field for silage, until an adjuster appraises

      it, regardless of whether or not there is a loss.


    • In a no loss situation, if you chop less than 50%, you can convert the remaining

      yield to grain on APH or YP only.


    • For RP, crops must be appraised or strips left to harvest or chop for silag

      (potential for revenue loss).



  • Production Record Keeping

    • Hard records include weight tickets, feed records, etc. and are used for loss



    • Soft records include weight-wagon slips and yield monitors and can be used for

      yield history purposes (but not for loss purposes).


    • If bin measurements are used, call us for more information.


    • If you feed to livestock, have a field appraisal done, regardless of whether or not

      there is a loss.





Office Location:
725 N. 2nd Street - Suite H
Lawrence, Kansas 66044

888.742.2767 (toll free)
785.832.1647 (local)
785.832.1757 (fax)

Free No Obligation Crop Insurance Review
My team and I would love the opportunity to sit down with you and discuss your risk management plan. Crop insurance can cost thousands, let us take a look at your current plan to ensure you have the best coverage for you investment.

Click to Get Started